Tennessee Gas Pipeline has proposed the “261 Upgrade Projects” which consist of the Line 261B Pipeline Looping Project and the Compressor Station 261 Horsepower Replacement Project in Agawam.
(This is part of the Columbia Gas reliability plan for the greater Springfield area.)
The Looping Project includes 2.1 miles of 12-inch-diameter loop to be installed on Tennessee’s existing 261B-100 pipeline. The majority of the loop will be located within Tennessee’s existing pipeline corridors and will replace an existing inactive 6-inch-diameter pipeline where feasible.
The HP Replacement Project involves removing two existing older units (a Solar Saturn installed in 1965 and a Solar Centaur installed in 1991) and installing a new Solar Taurus 70 unit. This design will provide higher pressure into the 10-inch 261B-100 pipeline, and will increase the operational reliability to serve Holyoke Gas & Electric customer.
FERC Filing – CP19-7:
- June 10, 2019: PLAN Environmental Assessment comment
- May 9, 2019: PLAN Response to April 30 NiSource comment
- April 29, 2019 : PLAN Supplemental Information re: Overstated Project Need
- April 18, 2019: PLAN comment on overstate project need
- December 27, 2018: PLAN scoping comment
- October 22, 2018: 261 Upgrade Projects – TGP Application for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (all documents in the filing are here)
- How to intervene at FERC (Deadline is November 23, 2018 in this proceeding)
- PLAN motion to intervene in Docket No. CP19-7
- May 29, 2018 – TGP’s Final Environmental Impact Report
- April 5, 2019 – EEA Certificate issued, Final EIR required
- March 27, 2019 – PLAN-NE’s Second set of DEIR Comments
- March 6, 2019 – MEPA/EFSB Public Hearing Notice
- February 8, 2019 – PLAN-NE’s Initial DEIR Comments
- December 14, 2018 – TGP’s Draft Environmental Impact Report
- August 10, 2018 – PLAN-NE’s comments re: EEA 15879 TGP Agawam to MEPA
- June 26, 2018 – EEA #15879 – Tennessee Gas Pipeline’s Expanded Environmental Notification Form with Appendices for Agawam Station 261 Upgrade Projects
- August 17, 2018 – EEA Certificate issued, requiring a draft and final EIR (Environmental Impact Report), rather than only a single EIR as requested by TGP. (All comments submitted on the EENF are attached at the end of the certificate.) EEA also is requiring TGP to include its proposed Longmeadow meter station in the draft EIR. The release date of the draft EIR is in TGP’s hands. Once the draft EIR is released there will be a 30-day public comment period.